What causes mild cognitive impairment?
You have done well on the memory test.
Thank you for posting your query.
Yes, I would agree with you that you do not have mild cognitive impairment (MCI), as you have scored 4/15 on Rey auditory verbal learning test.
However, if you notice more forgetfulness in future, additional tests may be needed. These include MMSE (mini mental status examination), and other memory scales such as Weschler Memory scale (WMS).
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of mild cognitive impairment
- Mild cognitive impairment causes
- Significant cognitive impairment causes
- Drugs for mild cognitive impairment
- What is the cause and treatment for cognitive impairment
- Drugs/medication for mild cognitive impairment
- Cognitive impairment causes
- Mild cognitive impairment treatment
- Treatment and cure for mild cognitive impairment
- Diagnosis of mild cognitive impairment