Can moderate cognitive impairment be treated?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 11 May 2018 in General Health
Question: Can moderate cognitive impairment be treated and if so what can be done
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
At this time, NO!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

At this time, no medications have been shown to work for this condition and as such none has been licensed by the food and drug administration. However, active research is ongoing in the hope of gaining insights to this condition and proposing treatment options and medications.

I hope this addresses your query fully. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 13 hours later
Is a cognitive impairment the same thing as demention
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dementia (demention) is the advanced form of cognitive impairment!

Detailed Answer:

These is the same disease condition with dementia and cognitive impairment representing varying degrees of impairment with dementia being the more advanced stage of cognitive decline.

I hope this helps. I wish you well.