What is Pick's disease?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 11 Oct 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: What is Picks disease, what are the symptoms and is there a cure?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
One of the dementias.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Pick disease is a progressive dementia characterized by the affected frontal and/ or temporal lobes. ( is part of frontotemporal dementias ).

Symptoms include behavioral and cognitive impairment ( aggressivity, inappropriate social behavior, obsessive-compulsive behavior, apathy, confusional state, speech and language abnormalities, etc.)

Treatment is multidisciplinary and mainly is directed towards the cause ( if a drug is suspected it should be discontinued for example ), diet and physical activity, neuropsychological consultation, inpatient and outpatient care, symptomatic medications, etc.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana