What causes lump above eyebrow after an injury to forehead?

Excellent

Ophthalmologist
Question
I fell 5 days ago and really wacked my forehead. The strange thing is I have a lump the size of a half dollar right below my hairline. Then right under the lump, above the eyebrow and my eyelid it is black and blue basically looking like someone punched me really hard. I know the bruising will go away but the lump (which is not colored) is painful to the touch (it is not causing me headaches) and ice doesn't seem to be helping at all. I am 60 and have been extremely accident prone all my life. People have always teased me that I should write a book...nobody can believe the injuries i have sustained thru my life...but I'm like the energizer bunny...no matter what I bounce back and keep going. I have never had a 'lump' like this though...will it go away? Thanks for any advice you can give me.
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The lump will resolve by 3-4 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic

It seems from the history that you had a injury to the forehead, following which you are having lump above the eyebrow and black eye.
The lump is because of haematoma as a result of collection of blood in the layers of skin as a result of impact of injury.
Black eye is because of collection of blood in the layers of skin of eyelids.
Both these will resolve spontaneously slowly as the blood gets absorbed. But it may take 3-4 weeks for complete resolution.
In the mean time you can take analgesic drugs for pain relief and continue applying cold compression.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
With regards