What causes lower back pain and bloating while having prostate cancer?
MRI of LS spine and USG of the whole abdomen.
Since your stepfather has prostate cancer and is having bad lower back pain and bloating stomach I would advise him to do a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of lumbosacral spine (LS) and ultrasonography of the whole abdomen. ( USG of the whole abdomen).
For lower back pain he can take paracetamol tablets with your doctors advise.
The cause of bloating of the stomach can only be found out by USG of the abdomen to see whether there is fluid accumulated in his abdomen called ascites.
I do not think he has any kidney problem.
Dr. Monish De, Oncologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Aggressive prostate cancer causes
- Causes of prostate cancer
- Recurrent prostate cancer causes
- Prostate cancer and back pain
- Prostate cancer bone pain
- Advance prostate cancer causes
- Prostate cancer screening causes
- Resistant prostate cancer causes
- Pain associated with prostate cancer
- Can prostate cancer cause bone pain?