What causes lower abdominal pain, low libido and lower back pain?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Lower abdominal constant pain in a male 51 years old, inability to maintain an erection, loss of libido, pain in lower back, constant feeling to move bowels but unable to, blood in bowels.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Investigations ASAP

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for a precise history.

With the history you have provided I would request you to undergo the investigations at the earliest as all the symptoms are interrelated and you know what I mean by.
Please consult a Surgeon, the first thing to do is get a Clinical/ Physical examination including the perrectal examination as this is the one which gives such an information no other investigations can do.

Further:
The blood, urine and stool work including an X-ray Chest, ECG and Physician's Check up.
Colonoscopy, biopsy if needed
Contrast enhanced CT scan of the whole abdomen ( not the lower one alone).

Treatment will depend upon the findings.
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 9 minutes later
What can it be with those symptoms
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Inflammatory or Malignancy

Detailed Answer:
Considering your age and symptom complex you have provided, there can be a few causes:
Inflammatory.
Malignancy has to be ruled out at the earliest.