What causes low grade fever, fatigue and loss of appetite?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Mon, 30 Jul 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: symptoms:
since XXXXXXX 17: reddened gum in mouth, 3 sores, slight pain (especially when try to floss)...
also probably swollen glands (unsure as i don't know how to check that)
+since XXXXXXX 19: low grade fever (oscillating between 98.5-100.4 degree F)
slight headache, maybe fatigue, reduced appetite
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
A number of causes

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but this could be due to a number of causes including herpes infection or infectious mononucleosis which can cause mouth sores, fever, increased fatigue and reduced apetite.. Another cause can be gingivostomatitis which is an inflammation of the mucus lining of the mouth and gums which. an lead to superadded infection and fever.. however, I would like to see a photo of the sores to be able to guide you better. In the mean while, you should be taking an antipyretic as ibuprofen tablets every eight hours to reduce the body temperature and help with the headache and fatigue.. I hope you find this helpful..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 14 hours later
Dr Shoman: were you able to see the picture?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dark photo

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, help again .. I have viewed the picture but unfourtanetly the lesion is not apparent as the photo is a bit dark but it seems either an apthous ulcer or herpitic ulcer . I would recommend that you send a better photo for me to inspect.. kind regards