What causes light brown vaginal discharge?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I noticed a small spot on my underware that looks like a light brown spot. No blood is evident. What could this be?

I have paid for unlimited questions. Am I being rebilled for this question?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to vaginal atrophy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The mild brownish spot at your age can be due to vaginal atrophy or vaginal dryness. If such spotting or any bleeding is recurrent then you need to get it examined from your gynecologist.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal