Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

What causes left flank pain going through to back?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2213 Questions
42 years...stopped but history of smoking...left flank pain going thru to the back
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Causes to left flank pain going thru to back.... Detailed Answer: Hi, The left flank pain you are experiencing which is going through to your back might be related to : - constipation - urinary tract infection - genital infection - kidney stones/infection These problems are often associated with hypertension. Further tests are necessary to run in order to determine the right problem: - urine analysis - complete blood profile - abdominal ultrasound Depending on the test results, further specific treatment will be prescribed. Meanwhile, I suggest to: - monitor your blood pressure, record the results for future reference - drink more water - if having problems with constipation, drinking more water and taking foods high in fiber will ease your problems Hope it was of help! Dr.Klerida Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor