What causes lack of sensitivity on the penis head?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in Men's Health
Question: Hi,
I have few questions regarding the health of my penis.
I read some related questions you've answered and I think you may be able to answer the following questions that I have.
I am about to get married and would like to clarify some doubts about masturbation/sexual intercourse, urinary problems and a nerve protruding on the side of the penis.
1. Recently I noticed that my penis head has gone completely desensitive. I have been masturbating for about 16 years and I have no issues in masturbation by itself. I am not sure if it is because of the way I am masturbating with my penis by holding the head of the penis in hand most of the times but a friend said the head is supposed to be sensitive otherwise it wouldn't be pleasurable during sexual intercourse. There is no issue in getting erections and lasting it but I also noticed it takes me a long time (about 45 - 50 minutes) to reach climax and ejaculate during masturbation. Since the head is not getting any sensitivity I feel it takes a long time to ejaculate. Is it okay to have desensitized glans? Will this be the same for sexual intercourse as well? Is there any cream that I can apply on the surface of the glans to make it sensitive?
2. When urinating, there are two streams that are coming out of the urethral opening on the glans when the foreskin is rolled backwards and is behind the glans. Usually the foreskin of my penis goes behind the glans (like whenever theres a sudden/slight erection and it stays behind 90% of the time. Whenever I go to pee there are two streams coming out and one of them lacks pressure and causes a leak on my pants and sometimes erratically pointing to the sides. This doesn't happen when I roll the foreskin over the glans and so I keep doing that everytime when peeing. This issue has been there for ages (15 years or so) since my foreskin started to move back for the first time. I haven't given a thought until now when I noticed theres a small pimple kind of protrusion on the edge of the opening of the glans that could be causing this. Any suggestions on remedy??
3. There's a nerve thats visibly seen on the left side of my penis, just below the glans. It hasn't caused any trouble anytime but I'm just curious if it can cause any when having sex. It's been like this for ages again ever since I really noticed it about 16 years before when I started masturbating. It is not so visible when the foreskin covers the glans but is easily visible when foreskin goes behind glans which is quite normal for me. Should I be worried about this? Should I undergo circumcision or something for this?
4. My penis measures about 5-5.5 inches. I see my penis is slightly curved towards the left when fully erect. Is this something I need to be worried about?
Here are some pictures that I took of my erect penis from different angles.
https://postimg.org/gallery/2iuc123a4
Thanks in advance for answering my queries.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Avoid frequent masturbation ,

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .Based on your statements that you are indulged in frequent and habitual masturbation since many years and now facing problem of delayed ejaculation .This is a known side effect of frequent habitual masturbation and due squeezing glans penis while masturbating resulting into desensitization of glans penis .

You need to have self determination to reduce frequency of masturbation to not more than twice a week

As regards spraying of urinary stream it is likely to be due to presence of nodule at meatus and needs to be examined by a qualifed Urologist and to decide whether it needs be excised or not .

As regards presence of a nerve on the side of the shaft penis it is not a nerve but a dilated prominent superficial vein which is seen in many individuals.It does not affect your sexual potency neither pose any difficulty in having pleasurable sex .It is not to be worried about .

As regards length of your penis being 5 inches it is well within normal range Bending of penis on one side it is very minimal and you will not have any difficulty in having penetrative Intra Vaginal sex .

Hope this will clarify your doubts .Do write if you have more queries I will address the same .

Thanks and Regards,
Dr,Patil.