What causes itching sensation in the left eye?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: hi I am suffering from sever itching in my left eye since today afternoon. I was suffering from eye infection couple of days back and I used ciplox as suggested by Dr and stopped taking it two days back as I thought the infection is cured. I have washed my eye today with clean water, used ciplox in eye and also applied ice on the same and felt little better. can you please refer the attached pics and suggest what is wrong and next steps?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Allergy

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This is allergy. What you can do is use ciplox D eye drop 4times a day.This is not to be used beyond about one week If needed you can have a anti allergy tablets like cetrazine one daily at bed time for 3 to 4 days as a addition. You will be relieved in about 3days time.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
please refer the image of ciplox that I used. is ciplox-d same as ciplox drops that I used? I have already used it for almost 5 days now. is it safe to use?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ciplox D is different

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Good of you to get back to me.

Collocation D has a brown band instead of blue in Ciplox and it is different. That has to be used for not more than 1 week. Please get a new bottle.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee