• question-icon

What causes intermittent tingling sensation in the mouth, tongue, nose and face?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have been having tingling sensations in my mouth, tongue, nose, and face on and off for several weeks. Not quite like pins and needles by close to that feeling. also nose and eyes are itchy.
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Discussion follows

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thanks for your query.
Itching of the nose and eyes point towards an allergic condition. This can be treated with an antihistamine.
The tingling can be due to benign conditions like hyperventilation, often due to anxiety or can be due serious conditions affecting the brain and nervous system if it is persistent rather than off and on.
It would be good to have yourself examined by a doctor if the tingling is persistent and increasing.
Do get back to me if you have further questions.
Dr. Noble Zachariah