What causes intense headache, nausea and tiredness while flying?
advisable to consult a physician
Thanks for writing in to us at hcm.
This is Dr.Riyanka and I am glad to be helping you with your query.
From the history it looks like you have a severe headache.
I would like to know:
Do you have travelling sickness?
Do you have any history of migraine attacks?
Did you take any food item before or during the flight that built in an aura and you developed headache?
Any history of alcohol intake?
Excedrin contains Acetaminophen, asprin, caffeine. If your headache has not come down even after one hour of taking the medication, kindly consult a physician. He might give you a stronger or even an intramuscular analgesic injection. For the nausea you may take antiemetics like Domperidone or Ondensetron.
Also he may do some investigations like checking your blood pressure for hypertension and if the pain is too severe he may advice a CT scan or MRI based on the severity of the problem. It is advisable to rule out any cerebrovascular problem, going by your age,.
However if it is a mild headache then such investigations need not be done. Since there is no concussion, no history of injury then no need to worry much.
Hope this answers your query. Don't worry .
Do write back if you have any further doubts.
Get well soon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause constant tiredness and headache
- What causes fatigue and tiredness
- What causes severe tiredness
- Headaches tiredness dizziness nausea shivering causes for symptoms
- What are the causes for lightheadedness and tiredness
- What could be causing tiredness
- What could be cause of tiredness nausea lightheaded ness
- Cause of nausea headache tiredness brown discharge
- What can cause tiredness while sleeping
- What causes tiredness headache and backpain while looking on monitor