What causes iliac aneurysm?

Posted on Fri, 6 Jun 2014 in Veins and Arteries
Question: I've had a nculear bone scan in which theyfound an iliac aneurysm. How dangerous is this
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
What is the site and dimensions/severity?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this iliac aneurysm that you have reported. For me to be able to provide information on the exact severity and possible complications, I will like to know what the site of this aneurysm is. Is it the iliac bone or the iliac artery? Also, what was he degree of this aneurysm? Small/average/big, etc. These responses are very much needed in order to adequately comment on this finding.

In any case, a stable aneurysm is not a problem. It only becomes a problem should it rupture and cause uncontrolled bleeding. Because it has already been identified, evaluation and monitoring would be done to make sure that all potential danger or complications are adequately managed.

I hope to hear from you before wrapping up on how dangerous this is. However, there is no point in being too concerned right now as all would be done to address any imminent threats and prevent future complications.

I wish you well and waiting on your responses to make final comments.
Dr. Ivo Ditah