What causes hives and itching after taking Synthroid?
Suggested to shift to another brand...
If the hives and itching started after you started taking synthroid, then, if I was your caring doctor would ask to run thyroid function test. If breaking of hives and itching is unbearable, I'd shift to another brand.
A drug (like Synthroid) consists of active ingredient (Levothyroxine) and other inactive ingredients. These inactive ingredients might be the culprit for your hives and itching. You can shift to another brand containing the active ingredient levothyroxine, e.g. Levoxyl, Levothroid, etc.) and see if any difference.
Hope it helped! Let me know if you have further queries!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hives causes
- What are the underlying causes for hives in children
- What is the remedy for hives when on synthroid
- What causes frequent hives
- Does meth cause hives or itching
- What causes hives during pregnancy
- What causes hives rash
- What causes hives 2 weeks after turp
- What diseases can cause hives
- What causes big splotchy hives
- What causes hives and itching after taking Synthroid?
- Can yeast show up in blood culture without a yeast infection?
- Suggest treatment for primary orthostatic tremor
- What causes extra skin hanging off of the labia?
- Could shoulder pain and digestive issues be a depression symptom?
- What causes dry cough causing chest and arm pain?
- What causes swollen throat even after zitromax intake for pharyngitis?
- Suggest alternative of norpace CR for irregular heart beats
- What causes uncontrollable shaking in body?
- Is a red and yellow spot on leg,a spider bite?