What causes high cough symptoms in West Ohio compared to California?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Sat, 17 Mar 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I have a persistant cough and I noticed that cough symptoms are very high in zip 45324. Why is that? I noticed that along the California coat the cough symptoms are low. Why the difference in the areas?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Air in West Ohio might be more allergic.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Zip code 45324 belongs to West Ohio.
Most common cause for persistent coughing in perticular area (zip code 45324 in your case) is allergic cough.
So in my opinion, air of west Ohio is more allergic for you which is causing cough.
So to confirm this, you should get done PFT (Pulmonary Function Test) when you are in Ohio and have cough.
If PFT shows obstructive Airway defect then allergic cough is the cause for your persistent symptoms in West Ohio.
Please let me know if you had PFT done in the past.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana