What causes high BP during nighttime?
I woke up with my blood pulseing in my body took my blood pressure and it was 180/70 pulse 100 I'm taking two blood pressure meds and my pressure is still high. it happpans most nights day seem to be fine. I think there has to be a cause.
Please refer to the detailed answer below
After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that your medication needs to be changed a bit. You have to change Lisinopril with Amlodipine 5mg one tablet in the evening.
Along with this you need to follow healthy lifestyle routine which requires
1. Dietary modifications like low salt diet, no junk food, including fresh fruits and vegetables in daily diet
2. No smoking if you do.
3. Cut down coffee intake.
4. Start daily morning walks.
I hope this information will be helpful. Do discuss with your doctor personally before switching the medication.
Dr Bhanu partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes high bp and kidney problems
- What causes persistent high bp
- What causes high bp despite taking fosonopril
- High bp prescribed eritel-40 what is the cause
- What causes persistent high bp during pregnancy
- What causes high bp
- What causes weird headaches and high bp
- What causes high bp and slow heart rate
- What causes high bp how to lower it
- What causes rib pain with high bp