What causes heaviness and pain in the chest?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 12 Sep 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi Doctor, I am 42 male with 86kg, 170cm h with cervical spondylosis. My present problem is some sort of heavy(light)some time in chest and pain when touch Ha
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

First rule out the cardiac cause.

Detailed Answer:

When ever a patient presents with chest pain initial thing to rule out is cardiac involvement.Lack of blood supply to a particular area of heart may cause pain and and heaviness in chest.

So initially I would recommend you to go for some baseline tests of cardiology like 2D echo and stress test.

If both these tests are normal your heart is fine and it can be due to the involvement of the cervical spine as the site of radiation of pain is chest and neck.

I would suggest you go to a physiotherapy and get a traction of the cervical spine. Along with it, take an inflammatory analgesic for a few days and you would be fine.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Ramesh Kumar, Gastroenterologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad