• question-icon

What causes headache, upset stomach, nausea and diarrhea?

Posted on Fri, 30 Jun 2017 in Infections
Question: My significant other (male) woke up not feeling well on Saturday. They said they had a headache and an upset stomach. They also felt a bit nauseated and felt very run down and tired. They said they had one bout of loose stool and that was it. Their stomach eventually felt a bit better although they felt rundown for the rest of saturday and as well as sunday. They seem to have felt better today. I was just wondering if they could possibly be contagious. They want me to come over to visit tomorrow and probably be intimate and as someone with anxiety issues towards that kind of stuff i would wanna be safe and not put myself at risk if there is one. I have read about how long soecific viruses may stay in someone but not sre if this was a virus or something else o. thank you
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no risk!

Detailed Answer:

They are certainly no longer contagious. There is no reason getting worried about this. All it takes is respecting hygienic habits of washing hands after using the restroom and before eating.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 9 minutes later
okay thank you! i was just worried because i have read online that with sickness related to the stomach they can stay contagious for 2 weeks or more after no symptoms although since he only had diarrhea once im not sure if thats considered the same type of virus (if it was a virus) or not.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Diarrhea once is more suggestive of food intolerance/intoxication!

Detailed Answer:

It is rare that the infection can cause just a single watery stool. That is rather more common with food intoxication/intolerance. You would be just fine.

I wish you well.

Besides: Is this going to be anal sex?
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 19 hours later
okay thank you i appreciate that. and im not sure if it will be or not
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Keep me updated!

Detailed Answer:

Keep me updated.

I wish you well.
Dr. Ivo Ditah