What causes frequent urination, poor appetite and IBS after delivery?
1. I have no other symptoms associated with a UTI--no pain or discomfort when I pee, no blood in my urine.
2. I've had less of an appetite lately and have lost three pounds over the past couple of months.
3. I also have IBS (diagnosed a few years ago, after they did an ultrasound on my ovaries to make sure they weren't to blame for my symptoms). I occasionally have pain in my lower stomach I attribute to my IBS, but it comes and goes, it's not progressing, and it responds to my IBS med.
Here are my questions:
1. Should I blame an overactive bladder? wear and tear associated with my three vaginal deliveries?
2. Should I see a doctor now? Is there something I should be trying on my own?
3. Is there any risk my urinary symptoms could be an early symptom of ovarian cancer? Having been through a scare when I had my IBS symptoms for the first time a few years ago, this is a big fear of mine!
You have what is called as Over Active Bladder Syndrome (OAB).
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have what is called as Over Active Bladder syndrome (OAB).
Normally one gets sensation to pass urine when bladder gets filled up with 300-350 ml of urine but in Over Active Bladder syndrome there are involuntary contraction of bladder even if it is filled up with 50 -70 ml of urine .This is the reason for urgency for urination and there by increased frequency for urination .
The characteristic of this syndrome is that there is no evidence of any signs of UTI detected on ultrasound or routine and urine culture test.
Take anti muscuranic drug like Solifenacin twice daily .This will reduce the involuntary contraction of bladder and there by give you relief from urgency .
Please note that it takes 10-15 days to see the result of medication after you start taking it and one has to it take for 3-4 months .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
1. Should I make an appointment with my GP or my OB/Gyn for this?
2. Can I eliminate ovarian cancer as a possible cause of these symptoms?
This can not be due to Ovarian Cancer .
Thanks for follow up .
The urgency for urination can never be due to Ovarian cancer .
Start taking Darifenacin once daily as suggested in my reply earlier .
You may need to go to your G,P to get prescription of drug .
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause frequent urination after an abortion
- What is the cause of weakness and frequent urination
- Poor appetite causes
- Copd poor appetite hypernatremia cause of poor appetite
- Ibs and frequent urination
- What is the cause of frothy urine with poor appetite
- Pretty poor appetite causes
- What causes frequent urination after started losartan
- What could be the cause of frequent urination
- What are the causes for frequent urination in children