What causes foul smelling belches, nausea, bloating and abdominal discomfort?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Sat, 24 Oct 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am suffering from foul(rotten egg) smelling belches nausea bloating and slight abdominal discomfort as well as increased amounts of passing gas I've been suffering from these symptoms off and on for several years my gallbladder was removed just over two years ago due to gallstones can you tell me what could be the cause and what to do for some kind of relief.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Acid reflux disease

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
You seem to be suffering from Acid Reflux Disease. The belching is due to Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease.
I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone and to take anti flatulent and anti acidity syrup like Digene/Gelusil for symptomatic relief. Don't consume any alcohol.
Take Soft and Bland diet. Walk after all meals.
There is an infection called as h.pylori infection which causes recurrent gastric and duodenal ulcers and such episodes of acidity. So, if during Endoscopy your doctor finds ulcers, he would take a biopsy and Rapid Urease Test done for h.pylori infection and to get it treated.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD