What causes fluttering in right ear while scratching right forearm?

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: is there a nerve that runs from your ear down your arm? I can scratch my right forearm and hear a flutter in my right ear. It stops when I stop scratching.
Answered by Dr. Paparaja S 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Such nerve does not exist.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I had gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.
Such nerve does not exist.
You might need a thorough clinical examination to find the exact cause.
Regarding your pulsatile tinnitus, this could be due to many causes like anemia, thyroid disease or an abnormal artery in the ear. Again you need a through clinical examination, audiological evaluation based in the clinical examination.
I recommend you to consult an ENT surgeon for the same.
You will be fine.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any questions, I am happy to help.
Wish you a good health and speedy recovery.
Dr Paparaja S MBBS MS
Consultant ENT Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Paparaja S 29 minutes later
I have been examined for the PT, had all scans and they are normal. I was just curious about the flutter in ear when I itch the arm. Just strange. Didn't know if there was a nerve or muscle that can be causing it to do that.
Answered by Dr. Paparaja S 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No such nerve.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow up.
I can understand your concern, but there is no such nerve in our body.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Dr. Paparaja S

ENT Specialist