What causes fatigue, loss of appetite, cough and fever?

Question
I am experiencing fatigue, loss of appetite, coughing, and probably fever. It came on suddenly.
Thu, 7 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
usually due to a viral illness

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

I am sorry that you are not feeling well.

Fatigue, loss of appetite,cough and fever are most commonly related to a viral illness.

The cold or flu virus can cause these symptoms but with the flu, the symptoms are usually more severe-muscle and joint pain, headache, malaise, severe fever.
Allergies can also cause cough but not usually associated with fatigue and loss of appetite

Symptoms can last 1 to 2 weeks. It would be important to use enough fluids even if you are not eating well, appetite would come back as your symptoms improve.

Treatment consists mainly of --(1)rest and fluids
(2)robitussin is a cough suppressant and will help with the cough

If other symptoms occur then these can be treated. eg nasal congestion- a decongestant sudafed or robitussin severe cough/cold (this has a decongestant

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions