question-icon

What causes false positive result for Methadone while on M-Eslon and Pradaxa?

Posted on Thu, 28 May 2015
Question: I am 73,I use M Eslon,Pradaxa,blood pressure pills,water pills potasium pill.I just tested positive for Methadon and oxycontin.Ihave never used either of thosw pills.Why?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
This is false positive result for methadone

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Presence of methadone on urine screen without its abuse is common problem due to false positive results to methadone. This can happen to any medication which have certain structures similar to methadone.

Although M eslon could be one molecule but the anti hypertensives also give false positive results in case of methadone.

Please visit your laboratory and ask them to use more sensitive and fool proof method of methadone screen. One among such methods is gas chromatography which is very sensitive and specific methods to detect methadone.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist