What causes false positive result for Methadone while on M-Eslon and Pradaxa?
This is false positive result for methadone
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I read your query and understand your concerns.
Presence of methadone on urine screen without its abuse is common problem due to false positive results to methadone. This can happen to any medication which have certain structures similar to methadone.
Although M eslon could be one molecule but the anti hypertensives also give false positive results in case of methadone.
Please visit your laboratory and ask them to use more sensitive and fool proof method of methadone screen. One among such methods is gas chromatography which is very sensitive and specific methods to detect methadone.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Could pradaxa cause pulmonary fibrosis
- Pradaxa causing urine to smell
- What causes soreness in veins after taking methadone
- Can methadone cause gynecomastia
- Sinus issues caused by methadone
- Methadone causing wet dreams
- Methadone cause infertility
- What causes false reading for methadone in a urine test
- Can vitamins cause a false positive for methadone
- Phenergan cause false positive for methadone