What causes falling asleep at inappropriate moments?
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.
I do not know of any drug called amnion, could it be a misspelling, could it be Ambien perhaps?
Anyway your description of falling asleep at inappropriate moments corresponds to a condition called narcolepsy which manifests with such sleep attacks and excessive daytime sleepiness.
Now the condition must be differentiated by some other possible causes like sleep apnea (episodes of interrupted breathing during night, with low quality sleep and excessive daytime sleepiness - common in overweight people) or low thyroid function. So some testing is necessary starting with a sleep study, an exam where electrodes are placed on your scalp to record brain activity during sleep.
As for who to go to, the best equipped are doctors with a subspecialty in sleep medicine (commonly with Neurology, Internal medicine or respiratory care as primary specialty), often in the setting of a sleep clinic. If you need suggestions in your area, I could mention the IU Health Saxony Hospital or the Saint XXXXXXX Sleep Disorders Centers. Below can see a couple of links for contact:
I remain at your disposal for other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of suddenly falling asleep
- Heel falls asleep causes of
- What causes body temperature to fall
- What cause stool to falls apart
- What causes not being able to fall asleep
- What is causing hair fall and shingles
- What causes inappropriate sinus tachycardia
- What causes falling feeling
- What causes sudden feeling of of falling
- What caused dizziness and falling in mastoiditis
- What causes vision issues and incoordination inspite of being on...
- What causes swollen artery in neck area along with painful swollen right...
- What causes pain in back of head?
- What causes episodes of temporary dizziness and imbalance while or after...
- Is it safe to vaporize Cannabis one month before a major back surgery?
- Suggest treatment for episodes of amnesia, nausea and severe imbalance
- How permanent a spinal cord contusion can be?
- Does Cocaine increase the risk for stroke?
- What causes headache and neck ache in a patient with head injury?
- Suggest treatment for sinus congestion that disturbs sleep due to...