What causes facial pain and leg numbness in a patient with diabetes?
1. numbness in left leg
2, burning sensation in upper jaw and on tongue ocassionally
3. slight numbness on her face and head- she eels it only on touching it
Your mother's problem seems to be related to her diabetes as she is suffering from diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic neuropathy can be symmetrical, mononeuritis multiplex, plexopathy or mononeuropathy. Her presentation is of mononeuritis multiplex. Facial pain and numbness may also be due to trigeminal neuralgia or neuropathy if episodic. But diabetes related neuropathy is the most possible diagnosis of your mother.
She need a consultation with a neurologist and nerve conduction study and some blood investigation.
For treatment she require proper blood sugar control, pain modulator like gabapentin, amitryptiline and pregabalin.
Hope my answer is helpful to you.
Wishing good health to you and your mother.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Please close the question and rate me as it will be helpful if your queries have been properly addressed.
Dr Neeraj Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of hip pain and leg numbness
- Can fibroids cause leg numbness
- Vaginal tumor causing leg numbness
- Legs numb and red spots on diabetic
- Causes of leg numbness and body shivers
- Kidney pain leg numbness
- Does chlamydia cause leg numbness
- Tail pain and leg numb
- Aleve cause leg numbness
- Leg numbness causes
- What causes recurrent painful sensation over one side of lower face?
- What does my blood test report indicate?
- What causes constant dizziness?
- Suggest treatment for weight gain, coldness and constipation
- What causes facial pain and leg numbness in a patient with diabetes?
- Suggest treatment for recurring optic neuritis in right eye
- What causes trouble thinking clearly while recovering form sepsis?
- How long should medication be continued after suffering partial paralysis?
- Suggest treatment for constant pain due to neuropathy
- What causes burning sensation in buttocks of a person with spinal problems?