What causes erection problem?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
Hello Doctor,

I am working in night shifts for 5 to 8 days per month during these days my actual sex performance goes down, it is difficult for me to keep the erection, kindly suggest how can i manage these situation, my wife's first baby got aborted due to no heart beat, now we are trying for baby.
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Sexual Health

Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Two types of medicines are there

Detailed Answer:
Hello Young man ,
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I am sorry for your wife's abortion.

You mentioned that you have 5-8 days night duty and only during that period you have erection problem. This suggests that your disturbance is due to changing of your bilogical circadian rhythem. It means changing of your sleeping and working time.

You can have following options to treat the problem.

During nightshift period, if you have difficulty in sleep in daytime zolpidem can be used.So if you will be able to get good sleep and rest your performance would increase.

During nightshift time you have to do intercourse in day time, so during this try to create atmoshphere of your bedroom like night as sometime sex in the day can not be perform well by some couple.

If these not work, you can have tadalafil or sildenafil during nightshift period just an hour before sex.

Whatever medicines I have mentioned to be taken after doctor's consultation.

And your concern for baby: to have a baby successful intercourse needed during woman's ovulation period of menstrual cycle.
Means roughly counting if you have a succsseful sex during 13th to 16th day of your wife's menstrual period chances of her become pregnant more. So just note this days and if feasible avoid nightshift during and around these days so you can have normal erection without any medicine.

Late me know her last menstrual cycle information and her menstrual history menas how many days it last and total interval between two cycles, so I can tell you specifically about her next fertile period.

All the best.
Dr.Chintan Solanki.

Follow-up: What causes erection problem? 4 days later
Thanks a lot doctor, Her menstrual starting day is 22nd of every month or 23rd, last month we had sex daily till 14th day from her menstrual date, after that i moved to night shift we had gap of 4 days and then had continues sex, i am wondering how come it didn't work last month, could there be any problem for my wife due to D & C in the month of January.As per doctors advice she took T comb medicine.

Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
start intercourse from 13th day of menses

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for information.

You just mentioned that you had sex daily till 14th day from her menstrual period.

Your wife menstrual cycle is 30 days. So her probable ovulation (means ovum comes from ovary and start moving to uterus through Fallopian tube) day is around 14th to 16th day of starting date of menses. Chances of fertilization (means your sperms gets meet to her ovum and enter into it) are there between 14th to 17th day.

If your ejaculation occurs when your penis is totally in vagina, sperms reach inside uterus and remain viable there up to 2-3 days and can penetrate ovum.

So you should have intercourse(successful sex) between 13th to 16th day of her last menses period beginning date. Remember that you should not have intercourse from 9th to 12th day from her menses or even you should not masturbate during this period to increase density of sperms in semen.

Her menses is regular means there is no problem with her. Only need to confirm that she is ovulating a viable ovum if necessary.This can be confirmed by ultrasound or hormonal changes measurement. However you should go for this only if she fails to conceive after 6 months of successful intercourse.

Considering her last menses began on 22nd July, you should not have any sexual activity between 31st July to 2nd August and you should have successful intercourse between 3rd August to 7th August preferably daily. From this example you can count for next month and try to arrange your duty according to that.

For confirmation of ovulation temperature technique is there as well as in market some urine kit available to confirm ovulation.

Hope you can understand and move ahead in right direction.

All the best & Regards.
Dr. Chintan Solanki.

Follow-up: What causes erection problem? 1 hour later
I will follow the same last question, she had much white discharge on her 14th day.. so is it her symptom of ovulation

Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes it is mostly sign of ovulation

Detailed Answer:
Yes in many females after ovulation some oozing occurs. It is without foul smell and not much in quantity. So you should have successful intercourse around that time.
Good luck.
And let me know when you succeed.
God bless you, as ultimately to have a baby is in nature's hand.
Regards.