What causes ear blockage, shoulder and arm pain after ear wax cleaning?

Dr. Satvinder Bakshi

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 5 May 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have ear wax build up and get my ear syringes once a year . The last time they used a machine and since then I have had a blockage that makes feel like my head is hollow, I wake up I the morning with a headache on that side my sense if smell is a it strange. I have had pain in my arm between my elbow and shoulder.been to the doctor have had ear drops, steroid pills but nothing has worked?
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: please meet your ent doctor Detailed Answer: Hello Please dont worry. You will be fine I think the cause of your troubles is not exactly your ear. Rather you may be having a sinus problem which is causing that hollow feeling and headache. I would like you to meet your dot doctor .who will examine you and may do a nasal endoscopy to confirm this and guide you further. The pain in your arm and shoulder may be unrelated to this and may be caused by a cervical spondilysosis and for this you should meet a ortho doctor. Meanwhile I can suggest that you can start steam inhalation two to three times a day and avoid cold/chilled food/drinks. Take care and get well soon Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj