What causes dizziness post a hip replacement surgery?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Most mornings about 9-10 o'clock I get light headed, this lasts about an hour, less if I rest, sit or lie down.
I had a hip replacement last August, but am not taking any of the drugs, except doivan for HBP.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Postural hypotension and arrythmia to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

In my opinion, postural (orthostatic) hypotension should be considered in your case, as a possible condition.

To get a correct understanding about this condition, monitoring of your blood pressure in different body positions is necessary (laying, sitting and standing).

Arrhythmia also is another possible condition to consider and Holter monitoring is necessary in such case.

It is necessary to discuss with your primary care Doctor about this issue..

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad