What causes dizziness and difficulty concentrating?
i feel lightheaded most of the times, difficult to concentrate on something. While riding bike its more scary as I feel I might lose my conciousness.
I got sugar and Heamoglobin tests done. Reports are fine. BP is 50/110 .
What could be the reason for my problem?? kindly suggest
please see detasils.
1. Lightheadedness can be a feature of a generalized systemic illness or it can be due to disturbances of autonomic nervous system.
2. Hemoglobin, blood sugar and blood pressure at rest are a part of systemic evaluation. A clinical examination followed by guided investigations to rule out other systemic disorders especially ear, nose & eye disorder, nervous system diseases and uncommonly chronic liver and kidney disease.
3. Disturbances of autonomic nervous system are important cause of chronic as well as episodic lightheadedness. The best way to start their work up is to measure blood pressure in recumbent and standing position. this will tell us about postural hypotension.
I understand that most of them require examination by your internist. However if there is any query I will be glad to detail.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vertigo and dizziness
- What causes fatigue and dizziness
- What causes frequent dizziness
- What causes fainting and dizziness
- What causes breathing difficulty with dizziness
- What causes headaches and dizziness
- What causes nausea and dizziness
- What causes occasional dizziness
- What causes dizziness with imbalance and speaking difficulty
- What causes a dizzy head