• question-icon

What causes depression while treating arthritis?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I feel very depress. I have no family or friend. I see a doctor for treatment for ptsd anxiety attack major depression, people hates me. .I have cancel cant hardly walk due to arthritis. my cat is sick. HE IS 14 YEARS OLD. I want to do something, but I am 60 yrs old. my family don't care about me. My only child hates me, don't allow to see my grand kids. I tried suicide and I survived, but not from cancer sarcoma. I have a tick between my thighs I remove it with my fingers the XXXXXXX are inside and I cant go doctor due to Ptsd, depression. PLEASE DONT LAUGH AND GIVE ME SOME PROFESSIONAL ADVICED. MY COUNSELOR IS NOT HELPING. I NEED HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO. MY CAT NEEDS ME SO I HAVE TO STAY CALM.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ongoing stresses are increasing depression.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HealthcareMagic,

I can understand your concern. You are 60 and have a lot of stresses. These are aggravating the symptoms. You are not able to function properly due to that stress. But if even with medicines you are not feeling better then re-evaluation should be done. Are you taking any treatment of sarcoma? Do you suffer from pain? Persistent pain also worsens the situation.

You have feelings that people hate you, why would anyone hate you?

Sometimes we start anticipating that someone hates us but in reality, this occurs because of our anticipation.

Try to spend your time of day in doing any constructive activities. Spend more time in outdoors and this will make you active and mood will improve. For skin issues please talk with a Skin specialist doctor(Dermatologist).

Thanks and Take care

You are welcome to ask follow-up doubts.

Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 20 hours later
I have POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER, THAT IS STRESSFUL. I DO NOT HAVE SKIN CONDITION. I HAVE TICK BITE, NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR. I CANT WALK DUE TO SEVERE KNEE ARTHRITIS, AND PTSD. I ALSO HAVE CANCER MY FAMILY DONT CARE ABOUT ME.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Venlafaxine can be started.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

PTSD results in impairment in functioning. If Cymbalta is not resulting in improvement then other drugs like Venlafaxine or Escitalopram can be kept as options. Venlafaxine is a SNRI drug similar to Cymbalta and has great efficacy in pain and depressive conditions. The drug will help in relieving the anxiety also. So you can talk with your doctor for that drug.

Yes for tick bite please see a doctor.

Pain of severe knee arthritis will respond to Neurontin but if that is persisting even with this medicine then better to start taking some anti inflammatory drug for some time like NSAIDS. Try to remain calm in stressful situations and find positive things in day to day life. Time heals everything.

Thanks and Take care
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist