What causes delayed periods inspite of having I pill?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: actually we had sex on 6th XXXXXXX and the condom was broken on the next day i took ipill still now i dint got periods my last period was 24th may. on 12th july i did pregancy test it showed postive.i took vitamin c tablets and ate pappaya and pineapple .iam really worried about my periods please suggest me what to do
Answered by Dr. S Patra 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
CONSULT WITH DOCTOR FOR SAFE TERMINATION.

Detailed Answer:

On positive pregnancy test, medical abortion can be done successfully with abortion pill under the guidance of gynecologist. However, self administration of abortion pill is NOT recommended due to associated complications like nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramp, excessive vaginal bleeding, fainting etc. You can't control them at home.

Therefore, I suggest you to contact with local doctor for prescription, direction of using the pill and in emergency as abortion process is associated with several risks. It CAN'T be managed without doctor consultation. It will be more helpful.

Post pill abortion, one ultrasound scan is required to check for retained bits of fetal or placental tissue. In that case, you may need to undergo D & C.

To summarize, I suggest you to consult with local GYNECOLOGIST or healthcare provider for safe termination of the pregnancy.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion of you don't have any other query.

All the best and good luck.

Dr Soumen

For Future query, you can revert back to me in following address:

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 41 minutes later
Actually i cant go to a doctor now so suggest me anyother alternative please
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,

Thanks for your follow up query.

I understand your current situation. However, it is TOO LATE (almost 7 weeks) for successful medical abortion without doctor's consultation.

There is risk of INCOMPLETE ABORTION and heavy bleeding related complication. It CAN'T be managed at home. In emergency, you have to visit your doctor for next management. Surgical procedure (D & C) may be required for complete evacuation of uterine cavity.

Without clinical assessment, abortion pill can't be prescribed from the web. It is quite ILLEGAL in XXXXXXX

Hope, you should understand the fact. Good luck.

Dr Soumen
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 23 hours later
i called one gynecologist she said to take mifi kit and procedure to take the it is it a good idea to take that tablet she said everything will be alright after taking the kit
Answered by Dr. S Patra 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
TAKE THE KIT AS PER YOUR DOCTOR'S ADVICE.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for additional query.

If you have contacted with your gynecologist, then you can take MIFI KIT according to her direction.

You will get heavy bleeding within 12 hrs of taking the kit-medicine and continue for next 3 to 7 days until product is expelled out.

You should undergo one ultrasound scan 1 week after taking the abortion pill to check for retained bits or placental tissue. You must contact with your doctor.

Hope, it helps for you. If you have any other query, you can directly ask me and I will be happy to help you.

Dr soumen