What causes delayed ejaculation with discomfort in the prostate region?

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Men's Health
Question: I am experiencing discomfort in the seminal vesicles and prostate area because I try to reach ejaculation and am not able to even though I am aroused. I am 53 years old. This is becoming more of a problem with me as I get older. What do you recommend I do for the discomfort?
Thank you, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
consult surgeon/urologist for evaluation of prostate problem

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. I can understand your concern.

From history it seems that there is some problem in prostate. Possibility of enlargement of prostate is there. I recommend ultrasound and PSA(prostate specific antigen) testing for diagnosis. After diagnosis treatment is possible. It can be medical or surgical. The best doctor to consult is urologist or at least you can consult general surgeon.

If investigations for prostate come normal, this problem is called delayed ejaculation. Local obstruction of seminal vesicles or some systemic problem like diabetes which causes inflammation of seminal vesicles are causes for this problem. Treatment depends on diagnosis.

You mentioned that you have consulted urologist already. May I know what opinion has been given by doctor?

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Dr.Chintan Solanki.