What causes delay in menstruation after taking Femme-Tab ED?
I usually take my pill (femme-tab ed 20/100) at 8am everyday, 10am on weekends. I had finished my pack on Sunday. I was only able to start my new pack on Monday at 11pm as I needed to get a new prescription and was only able to take it when I got home. So basically started my new pack more than 12 hours late.
I had taken 2 active tablets on my old pack before my new pack started (Saturday and Sunday). Monday took it late. Tuesday and Wednesday usual time. Then I had unprotected sex on Thursday early morning.
Would it be likely that I will get pregnant? Should I get emergency contraception?
delay of 12 hours is alright.
Thank you for asking
I read your question and I understand your concern. You need to delay the pill for at least 48 hours before being prone to unprotected coitus induced conception. Delay of just 12 hours is alright. Odds of pregnancy are very less. If it worries you can take an emergency contraception like plan B in two dosages 12 hours apart with in 96 hours.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
Thank you for asking
As I mentioned upto 48 hours of missing period is alright. All one needs to do is take the forgotten pill as soon as remembered. Plus start of the menses is infertile time zone and no egg is there to get conceived. You have nothing to worry about. I appreciate your punctuality though. I wish all the patients were that compliant.
I hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause of delayed menstruation
- Typhoid causing delay in menstruation
- Gastritis cause of delay in menstruation
- Althea causes delayed menstruation
- Causes of delayed menstruation period
- What medicine cause menstruation delay
- What are the common causes of delayed menstruation cycles
- Causes of delayed menstruation
- What could cause a delay in menstruation and nausea
- Rifampicin cause of delay of menstruation