question-icon

What causes dark coloured urine?

Posted on Mon, 9 May 2016
Question: I have noticed my urine has become very dark, as if there is urine in it . What could cause this?
.
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Need more information.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.

Dark colored urine can be caused by a number of conditions.

Dehydration is the commonest cause and sometimes vitamin supplement tablets or some medications may also cause it.

Blood in the urine may also change its color to a dark. This may be due to urinary tract or kidney disease or infection.

So,kindly let me know about your daily water intake and if you are taking any medications or supplements.

Also,tell me if there is any other symptoms like burning or pain during urination.

I hope this is of help and kindly get back to me with more information.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Sandip Kabra