What causes cramping and a feeling of knots in lower abdomen?

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: my intestines are cramping and making large knots sometimes it takes up to 30 to 40 seconds to get relief. Then I am real sore. what causes this?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be increased peristaltic movements of intestine

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms

Sometimes when there is increased peristaltic activity of intestine, it could like to feeling of knots and cramp like abdominal pain. If there is no associated distension of abdomen, vomiting or constipation then possibility of Intestinal obstruction as cause is ruled out. If there is no such association then there is no cause for concern.

I would suggest you the following

1. Ensure good intake of water: 2 to 3 litre a day

2. High fibre diet

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Deepak Kaltari

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon