What causes continuous bleeding after delivery?
To reduce the endometrial thickness
Thanks for your query.
Sorry for the delayed response.
Bleeding in post pregnancy status an be sometimes due to failure of complete endometrial regression. Presence of thick endometrium can lead to prolonged but mild bleeding.
This is been confirmed by the ultrasound scan you have got done.
Medroxyprogesterone acetate is given to reduce the thickness of the endometrium and thus reduce the bleeding and other side symptoms caused due to it.
Need not worry, the thickness of the endometrium as stated in the scan is not too much, this will regress very soon.
Hope, I answered your query.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Profuse bleeding after delivery
- Rabbits bleeding after delivery
- Stitches bleeding after delivery
- Bleeding after delivery causes
- Persistent bleeding after delivery is this normal
- Treatment and cure for Bleeding after delivery
- Symptoms of Bleeding after delivery
- How many days bleeding after delivery
- Diagnosis of Bleeding after delivery
- What causes dark and heavy bleeding after delivery