What causes constant spitting up of excessive phlegm?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 7 May 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I continue to spit up access flea, no cold, good health
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of bronchitis is more likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
By your history and description, possibility of bronchitis is more likely.
So better to consult pulmonologist and get done clinical examination of respiratory system and PFT (Pulmonary Function Test).. PFT will not only diagnose bronchitis but it will also tell you about severity of the disease and treatment is based on severity only.
You may need inhaled bronchodilators (formoterol or salmeterol) and inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) (budesonide or fluticasone).
Please let me know
1. Do you smoke?
2. Do you have breathing difficulty?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D