What causes constant phlegm in the throat?

Question
I have quite some phlegm in my throat from 15-20 days. Due to this I often need to clear my throat. Because of phlegm, I couldn't speak properly and I need to clear my throat again and again. This is first time I am facing so much issues with phlegm.
Mon, 28 May 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Prasad 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
need more clarifications...

Detailed Answer:

Your description does not point towards any known condition. I need more clarifications which may allow me to give a solution.

Do you have sorethroat / throat pain too?
Do you have cough, nasal congestion or blocked nose too?
Are you running fever also?
Do you have history of chest pain / heart burns / stomach ache ?
Any history of nausea, abdominal fullness, headache, vomiting?
Do you have any other known medical problems?

Kindly provide above requested information and or any other information related to this problem.

Follow-up: What causes constant phlegm in the throat? 12 hours later

Yes I have little nasal congestion but not too much. As I mentioned I do get cold and all but this is first time I am getting so much mucus in my throat.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Post nasal drip???

Detailed Answer:
It would have been better had you answered all my question. Based on the information provided, it suggest you might be suffering with post nasal drip, a condition associated with nasal pathology like sinusitis. I will encourage you to visit an ENT surgeon.

In the meanwhile, I will suggest you try steam inhalation along with antihistamine like tab levocetrizine 5mg once at night for a week and see if you feel better.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification.