What causes bubbles in urine during pregnancy?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: 6 months ago I had 1+ protein. None after that. A month ago I had 2+ (I did have a very mild UTI & I was mildly dehydrated-was so stressed I didn't want to eat or drink). Today they didn't detect any. I am newly pregnant (9 weeks) and panicking that I am now going to have a child and then be diagnosed w/ kidney disease. I am so so upset and scared. I have bubbles in my urine (present when urine is yellow, not really present at all when urine is more clear). I've also been through a TON of emotional stress over the past 6 months, could this have anything to do with it? Please please help.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Urine examination is advised.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
Congratulations on your pregnancy!
The chances of urinary tract infection is very common in female and occur due to so many causes.
But in your case if you are having proteinuria(protein in urine),get your ultrasound KUB to rule out renal infection and renal disease and urine culture and sensitivity test to rule out infection.
Drink a lot of water,do yoga and meditation to reduce stress and consume high protein diet.
Your baby is fine,do not take so much of stress,it may cause your symptoms and affect your baby health.
Hope found useful, review with reports.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 6 minutes later
Thank you for answering. I don't have a urinary tract infection, dr checked today. I've had bubbles in my pee for 3 months now. My dr doesn't seem to think anything is wrong with my kidneys & that there's a benign reason. I am going to see kidney specialist tomorrow but am so scared that something is terribly wrong with me.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Blood pressure monitoring and sugar monitoring.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Sorry for such a long delay in my response.
It could be due to high blood pressure and diabetes also so kindly check this also.
Protein loss in urine may cause bubble in urine.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.