What causes bruise on breast?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: what can cause a bruise on the breast with white center
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Provide additional information, wear loose clothes and observations

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM.
I have gone through your query.
It is difficult to comment on it without examination, kindly upload the photos for better assessment and to provide you with specific advice.

Is there any history of injury?
Is it associated with lump or pain or any discharge from nipple.
A bruise is actually just blood that has escaped the blood vessels because of trauma. Sometimes the trauma that occurs is not noticed and a bruise appears without the person remembering why or how it happened. It resolves with time.

If you wear ill-fitting bras can often observe discoloration in the skin after taking their bras off. This may sometimes alarm them. This type of bruise, however, may disappear if use of such bra is discontinued.

Presently I would suggest you to wear loose fitting bra, avoid touching the affected part and observation. You should be fine by 3 to 4 days.

If it persists after week or if it spreads I would suggest you to see doctor for examination and further help.

Hope this help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak