What causes brown stains on the hands while experiencing flu symptoms?

Question
Hi I woke this morning with light brown stain on fingers and little bit on palm of hands. Tried scrubbing it off but it won't come off. And can't even think of anything I might have touched to cause this. I'm currently on holiday in Beijing and and I also have symptoms of cold with headache and cough this past couple of days.
My body is achy all over like I nirmally get with a cold but I also have this feeling on my back, stomach, thighs and upper arms that feels like sunburn and extremely sensitive to touch. There is no rash. Just wondering if the brown stains on my hands and the sunburn feeling are normal with a cold?

Thanks
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not typical cold but other symptoms may develop

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health concern.
I read it carefully and I understand your concern.

The symptoms you describe are not typical of a cold. But symptoms of different viruses vary and never are the same as in books, considering in your case that you are in a new country for you.

Can you send me a photo of the stains in your hands so I can have a look at them and see if I can identify any other possible problem? You can upload a photo in the reports section of this page.

Also, do you have fever?
The sunburn sensation, is it itchy too?
Maybe this is the start of new symptoms so update me with new information if any when ypu reply. The more information, better will I be able to give accurate advice.

Looking forward to your follow-up question.

Kind regards,
Dr.Papaqako

Follow-up: What causes brown stains on the hands while experiencing flu symptoms? 15 hours later
The stains are gone.
My head is much better.
But the cough is in my chest it's quite sore.
My nose is so itchy but I think that's also the dryness and pollution!
I am not overly worried about the above it is all things I had before.
The thing that confuses me most is he sunburn feeling. There is no rash and no itchiness and no fever. I feel a little better than yesterday but I thought if I start to feel a bit better the sunburn feeling would start to get better but it still feels really bad. That and there cough and the itchy nose are the worst. Also yesterday I had a nosebleed I thought because is so dry.
And I keep getting these weird shivery sensations in the areas that feel like sunburn but I am not feeling cold.

Thanks

Linzi

Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
May be dry skin. Not typical symptom.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Linzi,

Thank you for the follow up question.

The symptom you are describing in the skin is not usual at all. I understand the others (the dry itchy nose can bleed, so that is not worrisome) but the sunburn sensation doesn't go together with the others. I am thinking it may be dry skin because of dehydration. Consider drinking plenty of fluids these days. If not better, consider going to the ER to do some labs and diagnose if this is viral or bacterial.

I hope this is helpful.

Dr. Papaqako