What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
Thanks for your query.
The size of breast has got nothing to do with the capacity to breast feed. Even small breasts can produce enough milk to feed two babies.The slightly inverted nipple if it is not associated with any kind of lump in your breast or hardness in the nipples or any abnormal discharge except for a clear fluid then there is nothing to worry.
The most common causes of nipple inversion are:
2.Trauma causing fat necrosis, scars or it may be a result of surgery
3.Breast Sagging or Drooping
If previously your nipple was absolutely normal in appearance and now it has got inverted then it would be better to see a Gynecologist for a breast examination to search for any lumps or any other causes. A self examination of breast can also help you. Investigations like mammography, are helpful in identifying the cause. It is clinically evident that 5-10% of such cases are harmless.
Hope I have answered your query. In case of doubts, I am available for the follow ups.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of shrinking breasts
- Inverted nipple causes
- Can breast cancer cause inverted nipple?
- What causes painful lump in breast surounding the nipple
- What causes inverted penises
- What causes soreness in the breast nipple
- What causes fibrocystic breasts and do they cause cancer
- Crusty inverted nipples causes
- What causes breast and nipple itching
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...