What causes bluish pigmentation of skin on penis head?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Men's Health
Question: When I was about 13 I had a condition where the foreskin on my penis ballooned up and put pressure on the head (not sure what it is called, I can't find anything like it online). I went to the emergency room and they fixed it but the head of my penis on the side where the balloon occurred is now bluish black. I figured it would go away in time but it has not disappeared at all. I haven't noticed any problems except for the aesthetics, but it is somewhat embarrassing and I am self conscious about it. I looked online but everyone who talks about bruising and discoloration mentions that it should go away in time but mine obviously hasn't in years. At this point I figure that I just have to live with it, but I was wondering if there was any way to fix it as I don't want to go see a urologist only for them to tell me there is nothing to be done. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can upload an image using the facility on upper right of this page

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through the details and going by the description it seems that you had an episode of balanoprosthitis. I cannot however make out the exact cause of the hyperpigmentation but I do not think anything needs to be done. The same has been confirmed by your urologist. If you could post an image of the area, I could perhaps be able to tell if it is likely to fade away. In any case, there are a lot of things that one cannot do anything about. It is best to give such things less priority.

Hope that helps.

Dr. Kunal Saha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha