• question-icon

What causes blood in urine?

Posted on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I'm a man over 60... in good health but had a small amount of blood and what looked like a small mass discharged when I urinated tonight.. I had a little pain during urination but the urine was clear after that discharge... I started taking something called "kidney restore" and am wondering if this is something to worry about??
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes you need to have a checkup and laboratory.

Detailed Answer:
Good day and thank you for being with healthcare magic!

Yes I would be worried and this warrants further investigation. I would request a urinalysis and KUB PROSTATE Ultrasound.

Causes of blood in the urine would be infection, stones, prostatic etiology and malignancies from the urinary system.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Manuel C See IV

Urologist