What causes blood in urine and soreness in lower abdomen?
Renal calculi can also cause the same presentation; few tests provided
Hello ma'am and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. I am sure you must have knowledge about how a bladder infection presents which is why you are almost sure about not having one, but I would although like you to know that a bladder infection can at times present different and at times even without most of the symptoms, so only a urine analysis would help to confirm ruling it out.
But on the other hand, the other most likely cause could be a stone in your renal tract, which can cause obstruction of the flow of urine, resulting in pain and discomfort and even more often than not, blood in the urine. I would however urge you to get the following investigations conducted which will help to find the cause for your symptoms ma'am:
+Urine culture and sensitivity examination
+Ultrasound of your abdomen and pelvis
+Ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureter and bladder)
These investigations should more than suffice to find the cause for your trouble ma'am. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of blood while urinating
- What is the cause behind urinating blood
- What could be the cause for blood in urine
- Noticed blood in urine what is causing this
- What causes pain and blood in the urine
- What are the possible causes of blood in urine
- What is the cause of traces of blood in urine
- Blood in urine no pain what is causing this
- What causes blood in urine
- What causes lower back pain and blood in urine