What causes blood in stool?
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.
Blood in stool is a serious sign that should properly evaluated to find out what has caused the bleeding.
Blood in stool may be related to the following disorders:
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn disease )
- Bowel tumors
- Bowel infections
If you were my patients I would recommend to do the following examinations :
- Blood work
- Stool analysis for infections
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Upper endoscopy
Wish you health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes loose stools with blood in it
- What causes blood in stool of infants
- What is the cause and treatment for blood in stools
- What causes blood in puppy stool
- What causes blood in stool weakness in legs
- What causes coagulated blood in the stool
- What causes blood in stool of a baby
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- What is the cause of blood stains in the stool
- What are the possible causes for blood in stool