question-icon

Is Chest Pain Indicative Of Heartburn?

Posted on Mon, 27 Nov 2017
Question: I have had chest pain which I thought was heartburn or acid reflux. But then it started radiating up the both sides of my neck. It felt strange that was able to swallow and talk, but it would still be there, It was like a heavy ache that would intensify when I stood up.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (47 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Take omeprazole 20mg daily!

Detailed Answer:
HI and thanks so much for this query.

Your symptoms are more in line with acid reflux than a heart disease. I will recommend 20mg of omeprazole daily for relief. Should this fail to provide meaningful relief within 48hours, I will recommend a doctor's visit for full assessment. At this time, you may benefit from an EKG and an upper endoscopy exam.

I hope this guides. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Dr. Ivo Ditah