question-icon

What causes bleeding inside the eye?

Posted on Tue, 4 Sep 2018
Question: My eye appears to be bleeding. This is third day and it continues to fill the eyeball. No eye injury that I can pinpoint.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra (46 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Sub conjunctival hemorrhage

Detailed Answer:

This is just a sub conjunctival hemorrhage and will take at least 2 weeks to resolve on its own. Other than injury, reasons for this are pain killer tablets, high BP, excessive strain like coughing or constipation.

This requires no treatment and will resolve on its own. Treatment is only needed for symptoms, if present, like irritation or pain.
Look for causes and try to avoid them if present. Wait for 2 weeks and you will be fine.

Dr. N. K. Misra,
Ophthalmologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist