What causes bacterial infection and severe shoulder pain?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Elderly Problems
Question: Father in Law suffering from bacteria infection & very painful shoulder, which has had liquid drawn from.
Is there any possible connection between these issues? Pain in shoulder has gotten progressively worse.
Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is a possibility.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query.

Well your problem description seems like septic arthritis or simply osteoarthritis of shoulder considering age of the patient . Just let us know since when the fluid has accumulated in shoulder following infection . If it was there earlier then infection then probably its not related to infection . Any other query please ask.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad